Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You know what I miss?

I miss PBS. Growing up, we had tons of those channels - 2, 3, 11, 17, etc. They were home to Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, The Magic School Bus, and tons of other (growup) stuff like Yan Can Cook, Julia Child, auction shows, and This Old House.

Now that I have a 'cooking' blog (I use that term loosely in my current status), I miss the originality and the authenticity of those channels. I haven't even looked at them in some time, so there may be some value yet to what's on there now, like Lidia's shows, or maybe even some Julia reruns (would be nice!).

I just hope that shows like that and stations like that for that matter will be around for my children, as they seem more real than other stations. More...true.

If you have a favorite PBS show, comment for me!

No comments: