Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TWD: Brownie Buttons

For this week's TWD, Jayma of Two Scientists Experimenting in the Kitchen chose Brownie Buttons. This was a bit of a last-minute one for me (obviously) as I have lots and lots of work lately. But, they were incredibly easy, so I actually believe the line about these being good for an after-school snack that Dorie put in there!



The recipe's on Jayma's page, so go check out her loverly blog. When I first started these, I have to admit I made an error and started melting the chocolate, butter, and sugar on medium heat. Oops. I put everything else away and was going to chalk this up as a bad day for TWD, but decided if I was going down, I would do it with flare. So, I mixed everything together and scooped it into my mini-muffin tin. I filled 13 of them almost to the top and baked for...a while. I had my timer set for 10 minutes, but must have baked them for about 16 (or more). I'm really bad at timing things. I usually go with my instinct on when my baked goods are ready. I know, it's going to come back to bite me in the butt some day.



Since I felt bad about not making the glaze for the top, I put a little white chip on some of them, to make them feel better. Because these brownie buttons had read about their origins in the book, and felt left out. I should never have showed them that picture.


Verdict:

1 comment:

Molly Jean said...

Glaze or no glaze, they're cute as a button!

What's that? Are those disgusted groans I hear?!

Well at least I could be the first one to add that poorly chosen comment ;)