Monday, May 11, 2009

warning: sci-fi post ahead

So, went to see the Star Trek movie this weekend. On the Imax screen. And now, all I can think about is when I'm going to see it again. Yeah, it was that good.

There were a couple things I didn't like, and since I love lists so much here they be:
1) Chekhov's accent, I think they overdid it just a smidge.
2) the Kobayashi Maru sequence - really? Kirk would have been sitting there laughing and eating an apple?
3) the alternate reality thing. at least it was done in a way that made a really cool movie possible this time.
4) the red shirt dying. you really have to accent that?
5) someone spoiled the spock's mom thing for me (who plays her) and I just couldn't take that character seriously after that!

Other than those...I just really want to see it again. I'm sure there are parts I missed because I was squealing over zachary. I would contemplate leaving my husband for him, but I'm not quire sure he plays on my team. LOL.

My favorite moments:
1) the ship coming out of the cloud of red planet-ness, awesome.
2) the scene with kirk and spock saying goodbye in the transporter room (uhura, scotty, priceless)
3) kirk running screaming on the snow planet - so nice to hear a 'kirk' scream for once lol
4) any scene with spock


so... who's comin with me?

No comments: