Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Never thought I'd write this one.

At least, not this year.

So...I'm pregnant. 4 weeks, 2 days to be exact. From the time of ovulation. Mark this one down as a big BC fail. Huge. Hubs had a minor freak-out of the "I'm not ready!" variety, which...so did I! But this was actually part of one of the many TTC plans we had made in the past, and by the time my EDD rolls around he will have graduated (yay!) and have a full-time job. I will, too, of course.

Our parents know, and certain friends, because I need that support. I'm still in shock, a whole lotta shock, but feel very blessed.

HOWEVER, it doesn't stop me from feeling horribly guilty. Why does this happen for me, and not for all the women out there who want this so badly? I wasn't even thinking of this happening now, and they have begged, pleaded, prayed, undergone grueling medical procedures, tons of heartache, and the like in order to be a parent. I will never understand that. And I will probably always feel guilt. But I am going to work my hardest to enjoy it, and be thankful, because it is a blessing. One that I hope, wish, and pray for everyday to be bestowed upon those women.

So, let the long, strange trip begin.

No comments: