Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My First TWD: Banana Cream Pie

Here it is, expectant reader(s), my first TWD (Tuesdays With Dorie) post. Dorie Greenspan is the author of Baking: From My Home to Yours, a gigantic volume which has inspired various bakers to join a blog called Tuesdays With Dorie. Every Tuesday, these bakers take one recipe, chosen by a member, and all post about their experience making that recipe.

As of St. Patrick's Day, I am now a member.

However I have not gotten to bake yet due to extenuating circumstances (illness/new job/another new job/no time to breathe) but this week, I'm all in!

So, tonight will be Banana Cream Pie night. For the recipe, please visit the Great and Powerful Recipe Chooser, Amy of Sing for your Supper.

::time elapses::

Ok, so the post started on a Tuesday, which is legal, but ended on Wednesday morning. So sue me, I have three jobs and a dog that pees on everything. This turned out beautifully for my first TWD even though I used a store crust - and it was to be debuted tonight at dinner, but it looks like it will be just me myself and I because my friend's son is sick! But K may be coming over so I may still get my fajitas with Banana Cream Pie dinner, hehe.

I really wanted to eat the banana pudding-y stuff by itself. Yum. Pictures to come (technical difficulties sorry sports fans), and taste test to come, after the BCP's debut at dinner tonight!

Ok I'm totally late with this, but here you are:


Oh gosh... it makes me want it again just looking at the pictures.

Verdict:

No comments: