Thursday, March 4, 2010

11 weeks!

After that first appointment, time is flying by. I have my next appointment in two weeks, at 13 weeks exactly. Whoa...2nd tri...scary.

So I re-looked at the weight thing, and I believe I started out at 177.2. Today, I am 182.4, so that puts me at +5.2. Gar. Hopefully being able to walk the dogs in the morning again will help, but only if I get some pants that actually fit - oh, and a jacket that will adjust for the belly bloat/fat.

Weekly Update:

How far along? 11 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: uh, pay no attention to those 5.2 lbs. of course, that's from 3 days before I found out. I'm betting that most of it came on the week I found out, and then the rest...oh, this week.
Maternity clothes? bought a band-y thing at target. only wore it once. it's hella tight, maybe I shoulda gone L/XL instead of M/L!
Stretch marks? not yet, but I'm betting my underboob is prepping.
Sleep: as long as I can in the morning, please. I haven't had the urge to go to bed right awawy at night lately though.
Best moment this week: telling my other grandmother! this weekend: my dad. (dun dun dun)
Movement: nopers, too early.
Food cravings: bacon. white mac n cheese. sugary drinks.
Gender: not a clue.
Labor Signs: N/A
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: beer.
What I am looking forward to: my next appt, I guess. oh, and getting the Baby Bargains book, because I want to keep working on my List. I have Lists for everything (see: pg diet list, vitamin chart, etc.)
Weekly Wisdom: go to bed, Cat.
Milestones: checking out the bloat/belly and realizing...that's not just fat in there anymore. There's something the size of a clementine that's housing a little AB.

Oh, here's another milestone for you: Blood Draw. Went swimmingly!
I walked in, very very nervous. Had to pee like a mofo. Probably because of the nerves.
So I was the only one there for about ten minutes...took my #...waited...waited some more...someone else walked in...finally, someone came out. Took me back to a little room, got my info, gave me the pee cup. I did that (honestly it took longer for that than the blood!), then went back and paced in front of the little chair. It had an arm that went in front of you when you sat down.
I told her I was afraid of needles, she asked what my reaction was...I don't remember! I think just your basic fear, because the last time I had blood drawn it was over 10 years ago. She said "well I use the butterfly needle, very small."
I popped a ginger chew in the hopes it would distract me and let her go to town. Started singing "fireflies" in my head; sometimes that helps. She asked me some questions, and it helped to talk, because at least I know I'm not passing out while talking. The ginger chew began to get really bad, right about when I began to get a little light-headed. I told her about it, and she said, ok, how are you feeling now? Now? Aaaaand I'm done.
uh...really? that was it? I didn't even get through a verse. It really didn't hurt, it was more psychological for me, and she got like 6 vials. *whew* that went better than I thought.
So, I survived! Yay me!

No comments: