Friday, October 16, 2009

Recap

I am so so sorry I haven't been updating. I have been a bad blogger. But I have some darn good excuses! My lack of blogging is proportional to the amount of work I have been doing offline...I've actually made things, but they're old recipes that are already here! But don't worry, I have good things in the works:

Monday: I made chicken noodle soup for the first time! It was cheater noodle soup in a way though - picked up a rotisserie chicken from the store on the way home. I used these babies (anelletti), and chicken broth, onions, carrots, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and a touch of rosemary. It wasn't incredibly impressive, it could have been more flavorful - but it sufficed to keep the chill away for a little bit.

Last night: Applesauce Spice Muffins, mmm mmm good. I filled the mini muffin pan almost three times (60 mini-muffins!) and made 12 big muffins to take to work. They taste just like applesauce. Post to come!

Tonight: will be prepping to make two bundt cakes this weekend. Will not be putting flower pots in the middle. Then, GREEK FESTIVAL!!!! Then, possibly going to drop food off/see my best friend and her kids. Small wonder is 6 weeks old! She's a cutie.

Saturday: wake up as early as freaking possible, make Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake for the bake sale Sunday, then make Pear Cake for a family reunion this weekend. *whew*

Sunday: set up for a 'Fall Fest' at church, run the bake sale, rush home, pick up hubs, go to reunion, and then MAYBE take a nap. LOL.

Monday: I have off!!! I'm going to drop my poor doggie off for some tests (he's peeing like a fountain on everything), then bake some stuff for my meeting that night. Hopefully I'll get to decorate the house for Halloween as well.

Next Saturday: make mac 'n' cheese for small wonder's baptism party, make cake for yet another meeting. If I'm going. Haven't decided this one yet. Oh and make cake/cookies/etc for coffee hour at church.

Next Sunday: Teach Sunday School, do coffee hour, run to small wonder's baptism party, maybe go to church talent show, maybe go to meeting.

Holy crap. Remind me again why I say yes to everything?

No comments: