Monday, October 5, 2009

I have a meeting with a gyro and a couple of loukoumades.

Extra points if you say "yee-roh" instead of "jai-roh."

Greek Festival!!


Yeah, you heard me. Greek Festival. Every year, the Greek Orthodox church nearby holds a spectacular food-o-rama. Baklava, gyros, souvlaki, dolmades, pastitsio, loukoumades, the list goes on and on. And (wait for it) they're open until midnight this year. There *might* be some ouzo involved.

That's a full 12 hours of partying, PA Greek-style. Oh yum. The possibilities. I'm so sorry turkey-day challenge, you will need to be postponed due to fantastical deliciousness.

And just to show that I'm actually trying to get back into the swing of cooking...I'll be making pasta e fagioli tonight. I'll take pictures! Don't fret!

No comments: