Monday, October 27, 2008

Pear Cake

Yum! I made this for a meeting on Sunday (which I was late for, thanks cake) and it was still warm when we cut it almost two hours later. I also licked the bowl for the glaze. Good Stuff.

Fresh Pear Cake (from Weaver's website, my fave orchard)

Ingredients
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
11/2 c. vegetable oil
3 c. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
11/2 c. pears, peeled and finely chopped (2-3 pears)
1 tsp. vanilla
11/4 c. confectioners' sugar
2 Tbs. milk

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and oil; beat thoroughly. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in pears and vanilla. (The batter will be stiff.) Spoon into a greased and floured 10 in. tube pan.
Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cool in pan for 10 min. before inverting onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 14-16 servings.

Used by permission from Reiman Publications - Taste of Home

(hopefully TOH doesn't come after me for this...)

Pictures to follow, I was in such a rush I didn't take any beforehand.

Oh, forgot to add, since I was running late the hubs offered to help. New skills he has since acquired:
♥ greasing a pan
♥ flouring a pan
♥ learning NOT to ask me stupid questions when I'm baking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I Looooooove pear! It's my favorite fall fruit!