Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All the better to eat you with

We have teeth. Two, to be precise. I first felt them about a week before he was officially nine months, and they have now both popped up and reared their sharp little heads.

It's the two front bottom, which I believe generally make their appearance first. They have turned his "mouth open slobber on eat part of your face" kisses into bite-marks on hubs' nose, lol.

I'm not sure how my kid is that old. Of course some days, I still don't know how I have a kid. This topic was touched upon last night as we were talking about what to do for our anniversary tonight. (Concensus was: stay home, make dinner, sleep. Much needed after a busy weekend!) I was thinking about what we were doing 3 years ago, the night before our wedding, and we both exclaimed about the time that has gone by since we first started dating - 8 years! - and how it doesn't feel like time has gone by at all. Maybe it's because of a small, almost-20lb, wiggly reminder of how far we've come that makes it all the more real, speeding by us as fast as he grows. *sigh*

Ah well, happy anniversary to my wonderful husband! I'm glad we've had the chance to grow together and been blessed with a wonderful baby boy.

No comments: