Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One-pan Chicken with Zucchini

I was REEAAAAALLLY hungry last night but didn't want to do a lot of damage in the kitchen because, well, it's already a disaster area. I'm surprised the governor hasn't declared it a state of emergency yet. Hopefully I will have it cleaned up before we go on vacation!

SO, I had some thin-sliced chicken breasts and zucchini (yellow and green) from the orchard, and wanted to make a simple, quick dinner. I thought of how flavorful the chicken was from the chicken marsala recipe, so I decided to make it the same way, and just throw the zucchini in there at the end.

Ingredients:
1lb thin-sliced chicken breasts (cutlets?)
1 c AP flour
assorted herbs/spices (I used salt, pepper, and herbs de provence)
1 small zucchini, yellow or green, sliced (I used half of each)
1 TB butter
2 TB EVOO
1 TB lemon juice

Directions:

I mixed the flour and seasonings on a shallow plate, and coated the chicken.
In a saute pan, I melted a pat of the butter (1/2 TB I'm guessing), then added 1 TB olive oil and the lemon juice. (If I had gotten a lemon at the store I would have added the zest to the flour mixture, but alas, went to the store afterwards.)
After the chicken was cooked on both sides I set it aside and added the rest of the butter to the pan. I added the zucchini and a little more salt and pepper and cooked for a couple minutes, until the thinnest slices were somewhat transparent.

I don't have a picture, because as I said, this was a fast dinner and we both had to get places! But it turned out well, and with some Ready Rice (guilty) it was a hubs-pleaser. Another quick chicken to add to my repertoire for crunch times.

No comments: